This charter shall serve as a universal model to be implemented and adhered to by all Sanrio Co. Ltd. and Sanrio Group executives and regular employees in the execution of Sanrio business activities.
1. Core Philosophy
We, through our social communication business that utilizes Hello Kitty and other characters, are committed to building a society where the importance of social communication is recognized and people can live safely and in harmony.
In order to help create a safe and harmonious society where social communication is cherished, Sanrio shall conduct operations based on the below general principles.
(1) We will not steal from others.
- Corporate assets (including intangible assets) that form the basis of any business, shall be correctly and properly used and protected.
- We shall protect all personal information, third party intellectual property rights, confidential information relating to business etc. in a reasonable and appropriate manner and shall not engage in the misuse or leaking of such information.
(2) We will not engage in violent activities (against people, nature, or the environment, neither physically nor psychologically).
- We will provide products and services that take safety, quality, and the environment into consideration.
- Sanrio places value on the basic human right of equality among people, and Sanrio will not discriminate against anyone or place them at a disadvantage based upon social or employment status, age, gender, place of birth, ancestry, nationality, race, the existence of a disability, religion, ideology, marital status and so on.
- A firm and uncompromising stance will be taken towards antisocial forces.
(3) We will not lie.
- Sanrio will share its corporate information in a fair and reasonable manner, further improving operational transparency as it interacts with society on a broad scale.
- Sanrio will provide appropriate and honest information to consumers and customers regarding its products and services.
(4) We will abide by the law.
- Sanrio will undertake corporate activities in a fair and reasonable manner, adhering to international and domestic law as well as societal rules and provisions.
(5) Employees will help each other out and foster friendly relationships.
- Based on the general concept that people are the core of business, Sanrio strives to create a safe, healthy and pleasant working environment where people can work with peace of mind.